Lots of puffins! Puffin Palooza (pic heavy)

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These guys are so puffin cute! Sorry for the photo dump but I couldn’t choose. They are so fast and much smaller than I thought they’d be. Second attempt to get on the island. First time got canceled due to weather. We almost got canceled again! They pushed the time out by 4 hours and then it looked like we’d only be able to circle the island because of the swells but the sea calmed down just enough for the captain to give it a green light.

Puffin Palooza by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Difficult to choose for sure. I was going with #3 until I got to #7. Nice shots!

I was supposed to go on a Puffin tour last week up in Nova Scotia but it got canceled:(

Where did you shoot these?

Incredible shots! Looks like a fun trip :)

Excellent set of pics. The first one and especially the last one are the stand out for me.

I want to go on a tour someday. They are beautiful!

Difficult to choose for sure. I was going with #3 until I got to #7. Nice shots!

I was supposed to go on a Puffin tour last week up in Nova Scotia but it got canceled:(

Where did you shoot these?
This was at Machias Seal Island. There was a boat out of Canada there as well when we were leaving, I want to say he said they were from Grand Manan??? Our boat and that one are the only two that are allowed to land you on that island. They can each bring 15 people once per day, weather permitting. The landing was a bit dicey as you transfer at sea from the larger fishing trawler type of boat to a small motorized boat that holds 5 or 6 people. Then they pull up to this seaweed covered ramp, timing it with any waves (!) and you have to climb out and up onto the ramp without face planting! The captain and his assistant help you. These were shot out of one of the 4 very small blinds they have set up. We went with Bold Coast tours out of Culter, ME. Getting tickets is like buying concert tickets. They go on sale in January and sell out by 10am. If you decide to book it, send me a PM will give you some more info.

Reactions: PJM
Beautiful set! That last one is amazing. Too bad it wasn't facing the other way but a wonderful shot. My next favorite it number 4.

Most reactions

Back