What's new

Louisiana Boardwalk at the Red River, C&C

Ryan Hall

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some night shots with my new Nikkor 50mm 1.8. Here is one of the shots I took.

f/1.8, 1/13s, ISO 320, 50mm

DSC_0383small.jpg
 
Last edited:
No bites in 22 hours? :(
 
I like the colors, especially with the reflection on the wet ground but I'm not exactly sure what the subject is.

I might have used a longer exposure and a smaller ap. the bridge seems out of focus.
 
I dont know if its out of focus or if the f/1.8 makes the depth of focus so small you cant tell.

Nice colors though. I would've shot this at f/8-f/11 or so to make sure more of the image is in focus.
 
Thanks for the replies ya'll. I did have the aperature wide open, but I did that because the there was no sunlight, and I needed as much light on the sensor as possible without blurring the image. Next time I'll put the camera on a tripod and try it at f/8 - f/11 to get things in focus better. By the way, that's not wet ground, it's the Red River. I wansn't really focusing on any particular subject. I really just wanted to get those reflections, and the sources of those reflections in the frame. Thanks again for the comments!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom