Louisiana Boardwalk at the Red River, C&C

Ryan Hall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some night shots with my new Nikkor 50mm 1.8. Here is one of the shots I took.

f/1.8, 1/13s, ISO 320, 50mm

DSC_0383small.jpg

Last edited:
No bites in 22 hours? :(

I like the colors, especially with the reflection on the wet ground but I'm not exactly sure what the subject is.

I might have used a longer exposure and a smaller ap. the bridge seems out of focus.

I dont know if its out of focus or if the f/1.8 makes the depth of focus so small you cant tell.

Nice colors though. I would've shot this at f/8-f/11 or so to make sure more of the image is in focus.

Thanks for the replies ya'll. I did have the aperature wide open, but I did that because the there was no sunlight, and I needed as much light on the sensor as possible without blurring the image. Next time I'll put the camera on a tripod and try it at f/8 - f/11 to get things in focus better. By the way, that's not wet ground, it's the Red River. I wansn't really focusing on any particular subject. I really just wanted to get those reflections, and the sources of those reflections in the frame. Thanks again for the comments!

Most reactions

Back