Louvre Pyramid

Remi M.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
183033610_9db44b6f25_b.jpg

I came upon this almost by chance. Just walking around Paris for those few extra shots before going back to the hotel. It was a very difficult image for me to get in the end. The original exposures had a overblown sky or the building was to dark. After allot of tweaking I got this. Still not 100% happy with it.

i like it, great comp and really nice sky, but why did you make the frame a anamorphic letter box?

Ahh that was framed for my widescreen monitor to fill the screen. I have since changed my ways and frame in a different style. Maybe I should update this one?

Personally, i think that pyramid ruined the lourve. That aside, it's a very nice photo. The tones are great and the symmetry is outstanding.

Incredible photo, the sky helped you out loads. And contrary to MP, I like the pyramid...one of the few bits of modern architecture I like ;)

This is the pic in your flickr site that really jumped into my eyes, that is why I said "do post that one", and I was so right: it looks even better this large and I don't mind the frame, either, though if you mind it today, you might want to show us the updated version, too?
I can see why this was a very difficult exposure, but in the end you did really well and brought out both detail in the sky plus detail in the old Louvre buildings, with the very modern - definitely different but quite interesting as a juxtaposition to the old - pyramid almost haloed by the bright spot in the sky.

I really really like this photo!

wow this is an excellent photo!
when i was there i went to get some night pics of the louvre and my batterys died before i got a good shot! :(

whoa this picture is great... maybe because I liked "Da Vinci Code" (both the book and the film) :D

Most reactions

Back