Low Light Impressive!

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Upgraded to a Fuji X-T2 about 3 weeks ago and have been happily testing away. I'm not a low light user and tend to keep the ISO at base but I've been reading about the X-T2's low light capabilities and figured I had to at least get some tests in.

The X-T2 is equipped with the latest in dual-gain sensor tech and the X-Trans CFA tips a slight low light advantage to the camera as well. Bill Claff has in fact rated the APS X-T2 as having better low light performance than the FF Nikon D750.

Anyway thought some folks here might care to see my test results. The X-T2 ISO dial tops out at 12800, it has (H)igh values as well but I'm not messing with that. So here's 12800 ISO with appropriate processing of the raw file.

Joe

P.S. link to: full-res JPEG

ISO_12800_xt2_small.jpg

I'm impressed. Both by the ISO performance and by that eclectic book collection.

Upgraded to a Fuji X-T2 about 3 weeks ago and have been happily testing away. I'm not a low light user and tend to keep the ISO at base but I've been reading about the X-T2's low light capabilities and figured I had to at least get some tests in.

The X-T2 is equipped with the latest in dual-gain sensor tech and the X-Trans CFA tips a slight low light advantage to the camera as well. Bill Claff has in fact rated the APS X-T2 as having better low light performance than the FF Nikon D750.

Anyway thought some folks here might care to see my test results. The X-T2 ISO dial tops out at 12800, it has (H)igh values as well but I'm not messing with that. So here's 12800 ISO with appropriate processing of the raw file.

Joe
]

impressive indeed (for book collection and pic)

here's a photo with a $100 camera that has an eight year old sensor at ISO 12,800 ......... crazy mama!

smithsonian iso 12800 by c w, on Flickr

I'm impressed. Both by the ISO performance and by that eclectic book collection.

Bookcase makes a good quick test target -- I read a lot.

Joe

Joe
]

here's a photo with a $100 camera that has an eight year old sensor at ISO 12,800 ......... crazy mama!

That's some crazy noise filtering:

strange_filter.jpg

Joe

Fuji does a surprisingly good job with high MPs and a small sensor. Did you get the booster? I am enjoying the XT2 more so than the XP2.

No booster -- just put an extra battery in my pocket. The camera is already too big and heavy. I traded a Canon 5d for an X-E2. I bought the T2 when I had given up on there being an E3. I do like the T2 viewfinder but I would still prefer the small form factor of the E2.

Joe

Joe
]

That's some crazy noise filtering:

Joe

dude, it's all about exposure !
(and those wild and wacky computer scientists keep improving computer software programs!)
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I had randomly thought that the new 24mp sensor had about a stop of high ISO over the 16mp sensor ... and as I felt the upper level of the XT1 was ISO 6400 ... this sorta all makes sense to me. (For what its worth.)

Most reactions

Back