Low light noise

I don't get why people just don't use strobed light. Done correctly, it not only solves a lot of technical issues, it also makes photos look very professional.

KmH said:
Use the Sharpening feature in CS 5's Camera Raw. Lightroom 3 uses the same exact sharpening feature.

As far as editing goes, CS 5's Camera Raw and Lightroom 3 use the same parametric Raw conversion and editing application - Adobe Camera Raw 6 (ACR 6).
As far as image organization, image rating, image keywording, quick online sharing (Flickr/Facebook), PDF and Web Gallery production, batch processing (both Photoshop and Camera Raw), Greeting cards, contact sheets, and such you have the other CS 5 plug-in - Bridge.

Yes I have used bridge and like it a lot. Keeps my pictures organize and I can edit multiple pictures at once. I'm still learning how to use the photoshop programs but am liking what they can do. Hopefully I can get really good at it quick and edit my stuff faster and better.

I just want to be able to take pictures in low lighting with as minimal noise as I can. I know if I got a full frame camera it would help but that's not in the budget right now.
In bridge, right click on the image (either jpeg or raw is fine, preferably raw which is what I am working in here) and "open in Camera Raw"
That will bring you to this screen:
8094408826_63d8e73cf8_b.jpg

Third tab over is the sharpening and noise reduction tab. Looks like a little mountain.
The bottom Luminance and Color sliders are for noise.
Expand your view to 100% (mine already is)
This is an image taken at ISO 12800 on the 7D,
Here is what I put in for my noise removal, but to get what you need just move the luminance and color sliders to taste. I adjust the color slider first for two reasons. 1. I have a harder time seeing the luminant noise through the color.
2. some color noise when canceled out can become a bit of luminant noise. I am not really aggressive on the luminant noise in this one. You need to play until you get your comfort zone.
The other tabs are to play with the details and what you retain. I am using the defaults here and it works pretty well for me

8094403417_5ac54146c7_b.jpg

I find that in CS5 I usually need a little boost to the clarity after using noise removal. Clarity bumps the mid tone contrast a bit to 'clean up' or clarify your image a bit.
I have done no other processing besides color adjustments to this final image here:
8094409050_6476e5711e_b.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I will also look in to purchasing some strobes. I never used them before. I'm still learning how to use my speedlite to get great shots.

I will keep workin in photoshop. Thanks for the tutorial. Helps me out a lot

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back