What's new

Lowepro bag problems

Overread19

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
25,507
Reaction score
5,112
Location
UK - England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so the other day I picked up a Pro Trekker 600AW to provide me with a more roomy, better harnessed bag which also allowed room for expansion of my gear over what my Minitrekker could hold. The biggest problem was trying to get a bag with a good storage space for other things (other than a laptop) like lunch and such.

However they only had the 300 and 600 on display and no 400 and I'm feeling, after a few days, that the 600 was maybe a bit too much all at once - that its a bit too big. I wanted something with expansion room, but the biggest I have currently is a 70-200mm f2.8 with 2*TC and a 7D. The lenses I have almost get lost in the large deep bag, and I've got to learn to be creative to get them to sit without shifting around.

Thing is it just feels that it might be too much so I'm wondering how big the size reduction is down to the 400 version - whilst I've got time to exchange (and whilst the bag hasn't taken wear).
 
Lowepro 400AW: Size(Interior): 11.4W X 6.5D X 17.3H in./
Lowepro 600AW: Size(Interior): 14.6W X 7.5D X 21.3H in./

So, the difference is 3" wide, 1" deep, 4" high.

Good luck!:thumbsup:
Mark
 
Keep the big bag. Towels of various size are light weight and good for filling unused space.

Better to have to much room, than note enough.
 
Agreed. I hear most people use a closet of sorts to house their equipment they don't want in their bag. I house mine in a Tamrac 5612 Pro 12. The bag is simply enormous. I got it new, cheap though. $80 on ebay. Still had tags and such. I do have a single bag, I don't quite remember the name, but I'll post soon, that holds all of the gear in my signature PERFECTLY with no room to spare on the interior. So, yes, on my various excursions, I carry all of that every time. It's a hassle, but I know if I upgrade ANY of my lenses, besides the macro, or add a R1 kit, I'm going to need a new bag. So, I'd agree with keeping the bag and growing into it. But, whatever floats your boat. :wink:

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom