Lowepro Pro Runner 450! Can I carry it on a plane?

CatHub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I've never been able to fit all my equipment into one bag and often carried a small camera backpack and an ugly old duffel bag to shoots/weddings/etc. My boyfriend decided to surprise me for Christmas with the mother of all bags. He bought me the Pro Runner 450aw which was certainly a wonderful gift. Despite the bag being twice as big as me it finally fits all my equipment. We're headed out on a photography trip next month and I've been reading up on airline carry on restrictions. I've read that people are leery of this bag really being allowed as a carry on since it barely fits under the allowable size parameters. Has anyone carried this bag or anything it's size on a plane? The bag is sold as being allowed as carry on but I just don't trust that. I am looking for experienced people who have carried this big on a plane without trouble. (Or with trouble for that matter). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Nobody knows?? Geez even smart ass comments would be welcome at this point.

I have read comments that it won't fit except on the widebodies.

Also remember that WHAT you fly on will determine if it will fit. I end up on "puddle-jumpers" out of local airports a lot. Not much larger than a book bag will fit in those compartments.

I have read comments that it won't fit except on the widebodies.

Also remember that WHAT you fly on will determine if it will fit. I end up on "puddle-jumpers" out of local airports a lot. Not much larger than a book bag will fit in those compartments.

This.

I work for a Regional Airline up here in Atlantic Canada and it basically comes down to the judgement call of the Gate Agents when your bag is barely within limits for a carry-on.

Most of the time I've found that if you're courteous you can usually get away with it. I lug my record bag when I go DJ places that easily weighs a good 70-90lb and isn't much of a carry-on size but I sling it over my shoulder and walk on like it's no problem. Have yet to have an issue. Should you have a problem, you can take it down to the Gate and they'll have something called "Skycheck" or some other silly term where they'll take you bag from you at the aircraft and put it right up near the door of the Cargo compartment. Then your bag will be on a rack or something so you can grab it as soon as you debark at your destination at the Gate.

Hope this helps! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back