LR4 - Who is using it and are there issues with slowness?

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the disc but have yet to install the program. I tinkered with the BETA when it was released and went on to order. I have been reading about extreme slowness and even just wrapped up reading a piece in Digital Camera where they commented on the slowness of thumbnails loading, but while they downplayed it to a no big deal, they did say it does 'start to grate'.

Cries are for a fix to this problem.

I've enjoyed LR3...what have you found with LR4?

Thx.

Definitely depends on your machine.

Software and the tech that runs it evolve together.

I do find it is slower to resolve the thumbs after importing than it did om LR3.
I have a pretty beefy machine but if I have to import 100 photos I walk away and do something else while it loads. I hope we see a fix but it doesn't stop me from the using it.

Funny thing is I just upgraded my computer. My first thought was: "WOW Now Lightroom 4 runs as fast as Lightroom 1 did on my old machine." Lightroom is a program like any other that has been getting bigger and better over time. I'm not surprised a new version appears slower than its predecessor.

Im running an i7 with 6gb memory and its snappy.

I run it but its slow when importing and REALLY slow when I get to editing my photos. At first it's okay but after the 20th picture or so it starts getting a little sluggish. My computer isn't that powerful though so I don't think its lightrooms fault.

Loading thumbnails when I import several hundred RAW files can sometimes take a while, but I'm running a (relatively) ancient machine with only 4GB of RAM and a slow hard drive. I expect much better performance when I upgrade to a solid-state drive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

No speed issue upgrading from LR3 to LR4.

No issues to report here either

Most reactions

Back