Lumber-Jack

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Jack, one of the lumberjacks who competes and performs in The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show. He's one of the kindest and most sincere guys I've met in a long time.

lumber_jacked_by_danostergren-d6chmo8.jpg

lumber_jacked_by_danostergren-d6cho2p.jpg

lumber_jacked_by_danostergren-d6chntc.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful series, an eye candy!
I specially like the first picture, the expression in the eyes is wonderful, the focus sharp and the bokeh so smooth!
I also love how the setting is perfect for the subject!
I am leaving for Alaska next week, these are nice previews!

these are great haha

I specially like the first picture, the expression in the eyes is wonderful, the focus sharp and the bokeh so smooth!
Thank you! Where are you headed?

really dig these!! love what that lens is producing too. lens envy going on. lol

Very nice set. I like the last one the best. The 135 is my FAV lens. It is on my camera a lot. I might warm these up just a bit to remove some of that gray cast, but that would be my personal preference.

Thank you! Where are you headed?

Anchorage and kenai peninsula, if we have time we will visit Denali National park but we are staying with friends in Kasilov for 1 week.
If you have any recommendations on good photography spots please send me PM.

For some reason, I want to see the reason why he is carrying that axe. Regardless, strong images and well done.

For some reason, I want to see the reason why he is carrying that axe. Regardless, strong images and well done.

I'm pretty sure when you have a beard that rocking you are legally obligated to carry an axe, but I could be wrong about that.

These really are terrific images. The last one is my favorite.

Fantastic model. Can he come split and stack my firewood? I'll just sit by and watch for safety violations.
No negatives on these. Great work!

I'm pretty sure when you have a beard that rocking you are legally obligated to carry an axe, but I could be wrong about that.

The whiskers are quite manly, but having pecs on his pecs is just so over-the-top. :lol:

Most reactions

Back