Lunch time insects

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took at lunch today. Cloudy and overcast. XT2, 100-400, custom chrome, crop and scale.

1. Great Black Wasp
Bealinsect (2).jpg

2. Bumble Bee
Bealinsect (3).jpg

3. Bark-mimicking grasshopper
Bealinsect (1).jpg

Wow, JC. Hard to believe you got these with such a large lens. I am liking the camo on the grasshopper.

it's about 6ft min focus distance. it's one of the few I actually auto focus with. I also use a monopod with it, fairly heavy.

Wow, JC. Hard to believe you got these with such a large lens. I am liking the camo on the grasshopper.

it's about 6ft min focus distance. it's one of the few I actually auto focus with. I also use a monopod with it, fairly heavy.

I have a mono and tripods, but never actually use them unless I am going to do a long exposure. Maybe that's where I go wrong:boggled:

Whenever possible, a tri or mono will help. Sometimes the help is insignificant but other times it makes the dif between a keeper and the trash bin.

Whenever possible, a tri or mono will help. Sometimes the help is insignificant but other times it makes the dif between a keeper and the trash bin.

I use it to mainly protect the mount on the camera. I guess if a lens has a collar on it, probably a good idea to monopod it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back