Lunch with a Baldy

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this guy having lunch and took some shots. I ended up following/chasing to a couple different trees. I did leave him alone to enjoy his meal after 5 mins or so.

The catch happened too far away
K52A4643 by runnah555, on Flickr

Mine!
K52A4672 by runnah555, on Flickr

One less bass.
K52A4679 by runnah555, on Flickr

Big crop and bad lighting but it's the only one I got with it eating.
K52A4693 by runnah555, on Flickr

One more
K52A4743 by runnah555, on Flickr

Thats why I have zero luck fishing (fishing for fish literally) these buggers swoop them all up before I can even get there! hahaha

Really nice shots you have here. Awesome detail, even down to the eyes.

Great series! They are all awesome and I am jealous! I really wish I could have lunch with a Baldy :) My only critique would be trying to keep the ISO a little lower as they seem a bit noisy. It looks like you had some light. #4 was at 1/4000th and ISO 800. I try to keep around 1/500th to 1/1000th for Ospreys when they are eating. I'm guessing they are large crops on the 5dm3 so that might have something to do with the noise. Do you use selective noise reduction at all?

Great series! They are all awesome and I am jealous! I really wish I could have lunch with a Baldy :) My only critique would be trying to keep the ISO a little lower as they seem a bit noisy. It looks like you had some light. #4 was at 1/4000th and ISO 800. I try to keep around 1/500th to 1/1000th for Ospreys when they are eating. I'm guessing they are large crops on the 5dm3 so that might have something to do with the noise. Do you use selective noise reduction at all?

Yeah I was high on the ISO. The light conditions were changing and I was driving a boat at the same time so I didn't really tweak the setting much from one shot to another.

These are all high crops that were sharpened perhaps a bit too much.

Cool pics. Before I opened the thread I was thinking it was gonna be some snaps of you and The_Traveler from this weekend's lunch meetup. Instead it was just some photos of a majestic symbol of our great nation, enjoying fish tacos for lunch!

Gorgeous set!!

Thanks y'all.

IMPRESSIVE....quite impressive!!!! Great Set

Cool pics. Before I opened the thread I was thinking it was gonna be some snaps of you and The_Traveler from this weekend's lunch meetup. Instead it was just some photos of a majestic symbol of our great nation, enjoying fish tacos for lunch!

Nah, Lew is still quite folliclly blessed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back