M. Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f2.0

Mormur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, first post here as I'm looking to get some feedback on this. I just got into photography recently with a E-PL2, I got the 17mm Olympus pancake and optical viewfinder for it as I couldn't stand using the lcd screen. This new lens Olympus is coming out with looks to be very good, but do you guys think the viewfinder I have will work with this lens or should I look for another maybe a Voigtlander? Also in their news release they say there an an optional lens hood for something like 9500 yen (over $110) and an optional all metal lens cap for like 5000 yen. Both those prices seem ridiculous. Thoughts on the viewfinder and prices?

My recommendation is to get the EVF attachment for your E-PL2 rather than the optical viewfinder. The viewfinder is configured specifically for your 17mm.

I looked at getting the EVF but I was worried about the lag issues when using it, a friend has a camera with lots of optical vf's for his lenses and it's lots of fun to use.

yes... i know.... I use them with rangefinders but if you want multiple lenses and on a budget the evf is the best solution. No its not that laggy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back