MAC

They don't have IPS displays on their laptops so calibration, while possible, doesn't mean much to the viewer. Their iMac models do have IPS displays.

I edit on Mac, I use a 27" i7 iMac. I do have a 17" MBP but I don't do editing on it unless I'm traveling.

A who-what now?

IPS vs. TN panels. TN panels can't truly be calibrated from what I've read. Plus shifting your view can change the brightness and color. TN panels are faster and cheaper though. They're good for gaming so you don't get motion blur. I think TN panels can easily be found that run at 2mhz while some IPS will run up to 16, mainly larger 30" ones.

That's if I remember my numbers correctly ^^

Look up IPS and TN through google. I'm sure Wikipedia has a decent article to describe it.

A who-what now?

IPS vs. TN panels. TN panels can't truly be calibrated from what I've read. Plus shifting your view can change the brightness and color. TN panels are faster and cheaper though. They're good for gaming so you don't get motion blur. I think TN panels can easily be found that run at 2mhz while some IPS will run up to 16, mainly larger 30" ones.

That's if I remember my numbers correctly ^^

Look up IPS and TN through google. I'm sure Wikipedia has a decent article to describe it.

haha, yeah... I'll have to do that... because I'm really confused right now. :lmao:

I'm just asking because I'm probably going to get a 15"MBP at some point, but I want the MBP vs. a desktop because I need portability for other things.

So buy an external monitor with an IPS panel that can be calibrated and connect your MBP to it when you're editing.

haha, yeah... I'll have to do that... because I'm really confused right now. :lmao:

I'm just asking because I'm probably going to get a 15"MBP at some point, but I want the MBP vs. a desktop because I need portability for other things.

So buy an external monitor with an IPS panel that can be calibrated and connect your MBP to it when you're editing.

What do you think I am? Made of money? :lmao:

You don't have to spend $1000+ on a 30" monitor. I mean, it's nice, but there are smaller and cheaper alternatives.

Model number listed on the back? Google it.

And new MB and MBPs require an adapter. Another $30 from Apple for the convenience of you paying them money....er...being able to use an external monitor.

Most reactions

Back