Macbook Pro USB-C adapters

Nwcid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jbnokesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I made my choice and ended up ordering a 2019, 16" Macbook pro with the following specs,
2.4GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
1TB SSD storage

I can not wait to start working with this new unit in a couple of weeks when it gets here.

For those that have the new MBP's with only USB-C ports, what kind of adapters do you use?
I see there are several different kinds of adapters but the 3 most common kind I see are individual, wired hubs and direct attach hubs.

Which do you use most and do you prefer one style over another and why?

I have the Hyper drice c hub. It has all the connections and fits tight. Comes with a case to keep it clean internally as well. Very fast transfers.

I have the Hyper drice c hub. It has all the connections and fits tight. Comes with a case to keep it clean internally as well. Very fast transfers.

That is the one I was primarily looking at. Why did you choose this vs one with a wire?

I travel a lot. Do you frequently plug/unplug yours?

That is the one I was primarily looking at. Why did you choose this vs one with a wire?

Because it was solid and firm. Could leave it on but I pull it out and put it in the soft case when session is done. You could leave it on, its that solid or one with the base. Very tight fit, especually the first few installs. Speed is great.

Because it was solid and firm. Could leave it on but I pull it out and put it in the soft case when session is done. You could leave it on, its that solid or one with the base. Very tight fit, especually the first few installs. Speed is great.

Thank you.

Well I made my choice and ended up ordering a 2019, 16" Macbook pro with the following specs,
2.4GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
32GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
1TB SSD storage

I can not wait to start working with this new unit in a couple of weeks when it gets here.

For those that have the new MBP's with only USB-C ports, what kind of adapters do you use?
I see there are several different kinds of adapters but the 3 most common kind I see are individual, wired hubs and direct attach hubs.

Which do you use most and do you prefer one style over another and why?

Thoughts on the MBP? Happy with it? Any cons (other than the high price)?

Thoughts on the MBP? Happy with it? Any cons (other than the high price)?

I am very happy. I have been using Mac since 1999 with my G3.
I was just issued a touch screen, HP Elitebook and I have to use it for my work. For that job I am a public employee and I do not want any of my personal stuff "discoverable". It is ok but it reminds me why I love the MBP.

Probably my 2 favorite features is the fact that I can plug my power in on either side of the laptop and that I can do everything though one wire. I it makes docking so easy at my work stations.

I will follow up more on the next post about what I chose for docking and how I set up.

I decided on a few different options. I still have not found the perfect thing yet.

At home for my main docking I went with the Caldigit hub, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZPV8DF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 One thing I do not like is that there is only a single video out. I had to use one of the USB-C outputs and a USB-C to HDMI adapter for the other screen. I did find some DisplayPort splitters, but they were expensive. Outside of that I love that I can hook up my computer with one wire and have everything work. Just make sure to eject your drives before you unplug.

I looked at the hub that connects directly to the side, but after only having one wire coming out of the laptop it will be hard to go back to anything else.

For travel I would like to find a reasonably priced hub that will do power or pass through power, but I have no found that. For now I am going with a 3' USB-c to USB extension that plugs into my 4-usb hub. I then run my power cord. I still only have 2 wires but can plug in my external drives and they able to be placed where they do not effect using a laptop as a laptop.

Here are a couple of images of my home set up with dual 27" monitors. You can see the Caldigit hub mounted to the back of the desk.

88099324_259418241717623_7196203569710628864_n.jpg
88956935_1122054851473206_6169665609547120640_n.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back