New Macbook Pro is a Speed Demon!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a speed test between my new 15" Macbook Pro and my old 15" Macbook Pro-- setup 8 shots in a desktop folder to be merged to a panorama. The new one did it in 1:42 and the old one did it in 8:21. That's a HUGE difference!

2011 Macbook Pro: 15" | 2.2 GHz i7, 8gb ram, 1tb SATA, AMD Radeon HD 1024mb graphics.

2015 Macbook Pro 15" | 2.8GHz i7, 16gb ram, 512gb SSD, AMD Radeon HD 2048 graphics.

Mostly, I'm excited that the money I spent on the new one seems to be well worth it :)

Jake

I need a new computer but damn those things are expensive. Funny how I feel like a few thousand for a lens is reasonable but for anything else I'm so cheap

I need a new computer but damn those things are expensive. Funny how I feel like a few thousand for a lens is reasonable but for anything else I'm so cheap

Haha oh I know. I'm the same, most of the time. I figured that since I got accepted to grad school I should buy myself a new car and laptop [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be expensive, but man are they nice computers and work great. I have one and it processes my D7100 RAW files with a quickness.

Got a very similar one , make very quick work of D810 files . Great purchase , have never looked back . Congrats

Got a very similar one , make very quick work of D810 files . Great purchase , have never looked back . Congrats

Yeah I'm loving it. Such a powerful laptop. Go mac!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing with the Mac's is you don't have to replace them as often as a gasp, windows box. Had my Macbook Pro since 2011 and will probably get a iMac when possible for photo editing. May just go with a new Macbook though.

Mine is getting a little slow
365c1ffa3f2125367b192d42bbf248e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back