What's new

Macro Caterpillar taken with Galaxy S4

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
637
Reaction score
27
Location
cornelius, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wish it was easier to focus with the thing but it takes amazing macro shots

$CameraZOOM-20130907081149340.webp
 
Hopefully it is a better phone than it is a camera! ;) Although for a phone, that isn't bad... but compared to a properly used DLSR, naah....
 
Yeah, not bad for a phone at all, I don't know why I didn't try my DSLR, I think it had something to do with focal distance, my phones camera focuses so much closer than my 35mm 1.8 can, also doesnt help that my phone has 4 more megapixels than my DSLR, I want to get a proper macro set up
 
Yeah, not bad for a phone at all, I don't know why I didn't try my DSLR, I think it had something to do with focal distance, my phones camera focuses so much closer than my 35mm 1.8 can

Macro lens... or tubes... or a Raynox DCR-250!
 
I realllllllllly want a macro lens but they are very very expensive, well, the ones that let you get close to the subject, not the zooming ones, amazin photos on your flickr by the way
 
I just looked up that Raynox, does it only work when you have a telephoto zoomed all the way out? You can't use it on the 35mm prime?
 
I realllllllllly want a macro lens but they are very very expensive, well, the ones that let you get close to the subject, not the zooming ones, amazin photos on your flickr by the way

Thank you! Look at the raynox DCR-250.. it works pretty well on the 35mm you mentioned... Amazon.com: Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro Snap-On Lens: Camera & Photo

As an example, I took this with it.... This is a grain of rice... broken in half.

$rice End 100.webp

Of course, I had my Nikon 105 macro, and about 25mm of tubes behind the DCR-250.

I did shoot this with just the DCR-250 and a Tokina 100 Macro lens (about $350-400 used if you want a macro lens)

$Fleshfly (family Sarcophagidae) 2 8450.webp
 
That grain of rice is awesome, I have always been interested in macro photography but never had the equipment to do it properly, I mean, the zoom lenses I do have say macro, but to me macro is being to gte up close and personal, not zooming, but i suppose you get the same effect wether zoomed or up close.

For only 75 dollars, I might buy it now or wait until I get paid Tuesday
 
I just looked up that Raynox, does it only work when you have a telephoto zoomed all the way out? You can't use it on the 35mm prime?

It actually works pretty good on the 35mm... I don't have any shots with it. But did test it when I had a 35.
 
That grain of rice is awesome, I have always been interested in macro photography but never had the equipment to do it properly, I mean, the zoom lenses I do have say macro, but to me macro is being to gte up close and personal, not zooming, but i suppose you get the same effect wether zoomed or up close.

For only 75 dollars, I might buy it now or wait until I get paid Tuesday

get it from Amazon... you can return it if you don't like it. I can guarantee you will like it though!

Both shots are cropped of course... those are small subjects.
 
I hardly ever present any of my photos without having them cropped in some way, it's amazing the detail on that rice
 
$feather.webp

Took this with my 35mm, cropped and zoomed of course
 
Thanks! I guess I should invest in it, it's only 75 dollars, my credit card is fully paid off actually, I ordered it with 2 day shipping, I can't wait! thanks a lot for the recomendation
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom