What's new

Macro: Daisy Refraction

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
30
Location
Southwest Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I broke the macro lens out tonight as I have been neglecting it for a while to play around. This type of shot has eluded me for some time. I've tried it several times with miserable results. I had to use my daughter's Mr. Potato Head flower as a stand in for a real one as I couldn't find a real one. I will have to attempt this again soon and eliminate the distractions from the refraction. Still, I'm pretty happy with it. Anyone care to comment or critique?

Refractionweb.jpg
 
Wow! What a great shot. I really can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Great idea for a picture. Mind if I try it out sometime?
 
Thanks all. Kitty feel free to give it a try. It's pretty addictive when you understand where everything needs to be.
 
I agree...GREAT! Did you put the water drops on?
 
lol thought it was better until i read the part about the mr potato head flower. it is good though
 
Sweet picture. That is really cool. I also cant think of anything bad to say about it. I kind of like the fact that it is a mr potato head daisy. I looked at the photo b4 I read ur description and I thought it looked a little plasticish, but it made it look even cooler to me. It adds a level of the surreal to the photo, and makes me think of a fusion between the natural world and the manmade world. Very nice indeed.
 
lol thought it was better until i read the part about the mr potato head flower. it is good though

Does the fact that a plastic flower was used somehow de-value the overall quality (or lack thereof) of the shot? I felt it showed more determination to use what was on hand to make the shot exist.

At any rate, I appreciate the comments.

ATX, the water drops were placed there by means of a medicine dropper.

I am going to re-shoot this at some point in the future w/ a real flower, but it was late and dark by the time I started to fiddle with it and couldn't find a real flower.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom