Macro lens question

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been doing some research on macro lenses for the last few months and have narrowed it down to the Canon 100mm Macro 2.8. It's alot better then the 50mm Macro since it's a 1:1 ratio and in the near future I have no intensions of purchasing the "L" Macro since I don't know how deep I'm going to pursue the macro game. I think it will fit my intentions for now.

My question is regarding the 24-70mm 2.8L. It has a macro mode and I'm wondering what the ratio was. Is it 1:2 or 1:4 ? I can't seem to gather information through my research on this so I was wondering if anybody here had any information. Reason why I"m curious is b/c I have this lens. Thanks.

Canon | Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | 8014A002

Specifications state 1:3.5, or a little bit larger than 1/4 life-size. As you know, the Canon EF 100mm USM macro goes down to 1:1, so the macro lens will produce a significantly larger image than the 24-70 will, and from a somewhat longer working distance as well. And the macro lens will probably deliver a flatter field, with better corner performance, which would be important on some macro subjects.

Thanks Derrel!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back