mACRO lENS

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
the tamron 90mm f2.8 macro has great reviews. i have used the lens myself and i am very impressed. for a canon camera, would anyone recomend a differant macro lens?

Canon 100mm 2.8 macro. Razor sharp and of a similar focal length.

a lot of people said the tamron is better than the canon. i have not had a chance to look at any comparisons but i will be soon!

a lot of people said the tamron is better than the canon. i have not had a chance to look at any comparisons but i will be soon!

A lot of people say the Tamron just can't be beat in sharpness period....best you can hope for is to come equal to it..lol.

I plan to pick up a Tamron 90mm f2.8 to use as my primary portrait lens and as a dedicated macro lens. (I shoot with a faux macro now). The Tamron is so sharp that I'll probably have to use skin softening on about every shot to make it look less "look at my pores..." but it's easier to soften a sharp image than to try and get a sharp image from a soft one.

A lot of people say the Tamron just can't be beat in sharpness period....best you can hope for is to come equal to it..lol.

I plan to pick up a Tamron 90mm f2.8 to use as my primary portrait lens and as a dedicated macro lens. (I shoot with a faux macro now). The Tamron is so sharp that I'll probably have to use skin softening on about every shot to make it look less "look at my pores..." but it's easier to soften a sharp image than to try and get a sharp image from a soft one.

i think for the price differance this might be the lens to go with. i am looking to spend about 400 on a lens and i have been looking at the tamron 28-70 f2.8 but i think i might be happy with a macro lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back