Macro pic

Point and Shoot? You really need to upgrade to a DSLR for quality macro.

Not true at all. There are some people out there creating some aboslutely incredible macros using a point and shoot and Raynox filters. P&S has the advantage of having more DOF for macros too, so they definitely have their place....the answer is not always "new gear".

Not true at all. There are some people out there creating some aboslutely incredible macros using a point and shoot and Raynox filters. P&S has the advantage of having more DOF for macros too, so they definitely have their place....the answer is not always "new gear".

+1.

As much as a higher grade camera helps, its not always about that more so than it is about the photographer.

So what I get from this is it's me thats the problem....lmao

I'm sorry I didn't comment on your photo before.

Your biggest issue is light...you need more of it. If you can't get more light through a off camera flash, then kick up the ambient...turn more lights on in the room or even be creative...use a flash light or work light.. Your focus looks off (probably because of lighting) and there is some grain (again..the lighting causing a higher iso).

I did this macro picture of a little christmas village my mom has

I think there is lots of light already, it just isn't used to your advantage. I would want to get the idea that the tiny bulbs are providing the light and get their red glow showing up in the pic. Here is a quick edit to show you what I mean.
tcordj

If there was lots of light, the camera wouldn't have bumped the ISO...the image exposed it properly, but more light = better image.

Your edit does help though btw.

If there was lots of light, the camera wouldn't have bumped the ISO...the image exposed it properly, but more light = better image.

Your edit does help though btw.

I'm just simulating what I would have got the camera to do and a tripod, likely. I'm not sure what kind of control is available on the casio, but an exposure compensation of -1 (to start) would help. My preference would be to capture the ambient light. Does that P&S have any sort of manual control?

I remember talking to you yesterday. I pointed out that in all of your photos, you are centering your subject and suggested you search for information regarding the "rule of thirds". This picture is better than some of of the ones from yesterday, but it's still lacking a certain spark. Try to be conscious about how your subject is positioned, what the background looks like, and what KEY elements you really want to stand out. First step would be hiding those distracting christmas lights in the background.

If you're still able to, try to take some more shots of the house, but this time from different angles. Try getting your camera lower (level with the house, as if you're a tiny person taking a picture from the front porch). Try moving some junk out of the way behind the house, so the viewer isn't distracted by the background. Try angling the house.

I whipped this up in MS paint real quick..

HgXOT.png

Give it a shot and let us take a look at what you can come up with.

Most reactions

Back