Macro Shot of Watch

Blairc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

Here is a macro shot of my Mum's watch in Jimmy Chung's restaurant in Edinburgh. Taken with a Sony W-50 at the 'P' setting with the colour B&W.

DSC02360.jpg

All CC welcome!:D

Can you get that much DOF with a macro lens? I thought that was one of the disadvantages of having a true macro.

Sorry to sound newbish but what is DOF?

Sorry to sound newbish but what is DOF?
Depth of Field...and if that's doesn't mean much it refers to the amount of depth you have in focus.

A greater DOF can be accomplished by decreasing aperture and decreasing (slowing) shutter speed (or decreasing iso...but I think people generally accomodate changes in aperture with changes in shutter speed.).
--
I originally said increase shutter speed...what I meant was increase the amount of time the sensor is exposed. Oh well!

yeah just close your aperture a little bit. So instead of f/2.8 or something make it about f/8 or larger (depending on the lighting conditions; a smaller aperture requires a longer shutter speed)

Almost forgot about this thread, sorry.:lol:

The picture was taken with a compact so I can't decrease the aperature, but I will try to get another picture of said watch when I get my shiny new EOS 350 in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Blair

Most reactions

Back