What's new

Macro shots at camp site

shaunly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 20, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
6
Location
Orange County, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Look who came out to play at night :-P
4769788223_9cb137a42b_b.jpg


4770428072_4d5e655de1_b.jpg
 
FU....I about smashed my screen when those eyes popped up! I hate hairy spiders! No insect should have fur!! Now, as for the shots. The focus is great! What did you shoot these with?
 
lol, thats what I don't like about it! They are sneaky little critters!
 
Yea, kinda creepy taking pictures of them. Focusing is tough cause they move like crazy and the dof is super shallow even at f/16! I used a 50mm prime with a 65mm extension tube and diffused flash fill. I also mounted my super bright LED bike light to my camera so I can see to focus.
 
I like the one of the ant the most! Its almost like a color gradient going across the photo
 
wow,those are nice photos,hate spiders though. they look creepy.
 
great pics but I can't stand spiders I like the one of the ant and the grasshopper
 
FU....I about smashed my screen when those eyes popped up! I hate hairy spiders! No insect should have fur!! Now, as for the shots. The focus is great! What did you shoot these with?

What about bumble bees? Bumble bees have A LOT of fur (if you can call hair on an insect fur....)

Great shots by the way, I get a real feel for the environment with these pics.
 
Nice! Sometimes people take the macro a bit to far for my taste. You loose the surroundings and the context of the bug. The bugs could also have been killed and pricked up on a pin. You won't see it, because you only see such a small portion of the bug.
You give your bugs something to do in the photo!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom