Macro snowflakes.

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was just playing around with my flash (off camera, 90 degrees camera left) and my 90mm f/2.8 macro Tamron lens, combined with 65mm of 'Opteka' extension tubes and this is what I came up with. Just had the flakes falling on to a piece of blue paper from a magazine ad which I cut out.

5334351089_f86987298f_b.jpg

5334350943_5447cba6bf_b.jpg

5334967122_15af48617f_b.jpg

Not too thrilled with the end result... think I might try again sometime (won't be a problem since it snows way too much here).

The first one is really nice, didnt know they really looked like that. Those are the kind of shots i'll never get to experiment with here in texas

These are fantastic, nice setup! The blue background is a nice color for these.

Rez,

Awesome on the first one! Now I want some Extension tubes and a good macro lens in the future! =O

Holy crap, this kind of response really makes me want to try this again.

Thanks everyone.

Pairing a macro lens with extension tubes is definitely fun though.. recommended.

^^ This really does make me want to grab some extension tubes. I actually like #2, I would crop just the one on the right, looks pretty sharp. I actually like #3 as well, although it looks like a mess, it has alot of depth to it!

**edit** checking ebay now for some extention tubes! Thanks for the inspiration

These are amazing and beautiful. I also did not realize that snowflakes really looked like this lol. Not saying much since I'm from Arkansas though :)

It really is really amazing that those form naturally! The lines and patterns are simply beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back