Macro with a zoom lens. I was amazed...what do you think?

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one shows the detail it gives:
tiffany1.jpg

this ones shows dof:
tiffany2.jpg

The watch is pretty and reflects your light well, good focus in the first photo but I'm not sure of the focus in the second. Also, the dirt on the bag is distracting.

What was the light like there? 15seconds wow. Nice picture though I really like the 1st one I just wish the side of the bag hadn't been cut off but the DOF is cool. What zoom lens were you using though that goes to 50mm and is at f/1.8

EXIF:
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
Exposure Time: 15.000 s
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I was using a zeiss t planar 35-70mm. And yea those pics were taken in the dark lol... with a strobe to the right at 1 /32 power to make it sparkle a bit..

white balance looks off to me. not sure you were asking for critique though...

What was the light like there? 15seconds wow. Nice picture though I really like the 1st one I just wish the side of the bag hadn't been cut off but the DOF is cool. What zoom lens were you using though that goes to 50mm and is at f/1.8

EXIF:
Camera Model: Canon EOS 30D
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 50.0mm
Exposure Time: 15.000 s
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

The lens is fully manual so it says 1.8 no matter what. I was at f 5.6 for the first pic and 35mm. and f3.4 for the second and 35mm again...

EXIF says it was shot with a 30D, signature says you have a 20D. Where you playing with someone else's camera or did the exif record wrong?

What's happened to you the past few days? Do you have a new dealer? Formerly you were a modest Canon shooter, but in the last few days you've bought a Linhof ball head, and two Zeiss lenses...

It's almost like you went from shopping at Best Buy to one of the city's high-end, prestiege camera dealers and a salesman has taken you on as a project. What gives?

Most reactions

Back