macro

mistakendavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nathandspringer.com
this is my first try at macro i made one with the reversed lens technique, i made mine something i can use over and over with buying a 58-52 step down ring and glueing it to a 49-52 step up ring(i have got two lenses that are not the same size). i am pleased with the way they tured out and will be taking many more with it.

fingerprint
fingerprint.jpg

light switch
lightswitch.jpg

salt shaker
saltshaker.jpg

I like the fingerprint one. The switch reminds me that I left the lights on back home :lol:

I like the old switch. I also like the colours and idea of the fingerprint one (which I just copied and left at the scene of my last robbery - j/k) but the DOF blur on the front doesn't work for me (please note: I said in another post that personally I don't like front of subject blur - most people prolly love it).

Yeah but you have to pay attention that you have to take shots with reversed lens almost exactly perpendicularly to the object... then it will be all in focus because of the centered focus

Awww bugger. Now I gotta go and find out exactly what a reversed lens is... thanx tho, it is a real pleasure to be learning from people who know what they are doing.

Hey mentos - do you remember where the is where the guy explained with photos for creating the reverse lens technique?

jonmikal said:
Hey mentos - do you remember where the is where the guy explained with photos for creating the reverse lens technique?

i remember that dude :D it's me :D

ask anything you need, send me a PM.

mistakendavis, great subjects for photo.
i notice some vigneting at the corners. so try to zoom all the way to the max to reduce it.
also to get the object in focus, set the camera focus on manual and move the camera bacl and forth until you get that sweet spot.

Ha, I think that lightswitch shot is the shizit. :D I think the vignetting only enhances the funkiness of this image. Great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back