Made a new website

imtravy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there! So I have posted here before and everyone seems to know what they are talking about and very smart. So I have updated my website and I would like to see if it loads fast, pictures are ok, and anything else. The layout can't be changed because I'm using iconify.co and I don't need to be in dreamweaver.
Thanks

Trwphotos.com

IE 9 is unsupported? Really? You might want to rethink that!

People are still using Internet explorer? Really? You might want to rethink that?

As for the website the iPad version that it displayed leaves a lot to be desired to. The hockey photo with poor white balance and that completely cuts off a guys head constantly shows under every group of pictures and is really annoying.

People are still using Internet explorer? Really? You might want to rethink that?

As for the website the iPad version that it displayed leaves a lot to be desired to. The hockey photo with poor white balance and that completely cuts off a guys head constantly shows under every group of pictures and is really annoying.
I would suggest that a website that doesn't support the current version of any major browser is fundamentally flawed.

I really like the website. Full-screen it looks great. One question though; how will it work when your archive maybe is much bigger? The drop-down menu looks to be able to accomodate only a limited number of folios.

Is your website created using a commercially available template or dedictated photo-hosting platform?

I really like the website. Full-screen it looks great. One question though; how will it work when your archive maybe is much bigger? The drop-down menu looks to be able to accomodate only a limited number of folios.

Is your website created using a commercially available template or dedictated photo-hosting platform?

How big ones photo archive is has nothing to do with their website layout. You only want to put the best of your best photos on it anyway.

panblue said:

Yes! I used iconify.co because I'm not great at making websites and I like the mobile stuff it has with it. It's cheap and shows the photos correctly

tirediron said:

Haha nothing I can do about it. And IE sucks

Light Guru said:

Mhm I will look at this. Thank you.

panblue said:

Well yes you are correct. I am only in high school so I don't have a lot of money to throw around, so I have no idea what else to use for a website.

I would suggest that a website that doesn't support the current version of any major browser is fundamentally flawed.

+1. There are situations where it isn't practical to support everyone, this is one of them. Some crash-loving have-enough-time-to-wait people use Internet Exploder. The website ought to work with them as well.

Website looks great, flows nice and feels natural.

But I also must say you need to support IE. Think about your average user? Would they even know enough to use an alternative browser? I find that the type of people looking for photography services would not know to use an alternative browser.

On the couple of websites I run IE is always on top. Followed by Firefox, Chrome and then Safari. Mobile browsers have also been really picking up recently for me, ones like Android and Dolphin.

nmoody said:

But I also must say you need to support IE. Think about your average user? Would they even know enough to use an alternative browser? I find that the type of people looking for photography services would not know to use an alternative browser.

On the couple of websites I run IE is always on top. Followed by Firefox, Chrome and then Safari. Mobile browsers have also been really picking up recently for me, ones like Android and Dolphin.

Ok thank you! Can you please tell me what you use to make your website? I can't change which browser is supported with the service I use. Iconify.co

nmoody said:

Ok thank you! Can you please tell me what you use to make your website? I can't change which browser is supported with the service I use. Iconify.co

I use Wordpress to make my sites which is very simple but does need some access to the hosting server. I don't know anything about Iconify.co or if it will allow you to do this. I use a shared hosting service that gives me a lot of access to server.

tirediron said:

Haha nothing I can do about it. And IE sucks

Your personal feelings about a browser are irrelevant. If your site's traffic is anything similar to mine, about 30% of it probably comes from IE. And many of those visitors are viewing your site from their work computer which will almost certainly have a legacy version of IE (possibly as far back as IE6 for many Windows XP users).

Are you signed up for Google Analytics for your website? If not, stop reading this and do it now.

You're welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back