Make money from your images

mavrik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattantonino.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone gotten into the RF stock market yet?

I just made my $30.00 from Istock (with only 38 images online) and am starting up on some other sites. Just curious if everyone's into it yet. On the other sites I visit, everyone's already putting their images up. Thought I would at least put the link out there for those who want to.

http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=137

That's shutterstock.

http://www.istockphoto.com

And that's Istock.

I do about as much traffic on Shutterstock as I do on Istock so I assume as I build my library I'll make some more.

Join the fun! :) Get paid for images on your harddrive. And let the war of "is this worth it" begin! :D

Matt

Sorry I fixed the link for Shutterstock. *blush*

I wasn't trying to link to my gallery, I was trying to link to sign up. Does everyone already do Istock/Dreamstime/Shutterstock? Or no?

M

how do i know the number of images they sell equals the amount they pay me? They can sell 10 copies and pay me for 2.

You're making money off this stuff. If I put a portrait of someone up there... shouldn't I get a model release form?

I don't wanna get in trouble because of a few bucks.

They show you downloads whenever they occur. It's an automatic process. If you put up people, you do need a model release. Even if it's yourself - you need a model release signed by yourself. :) The sites usually have guidelines to follow and Istock even has an "application" to get in where you have to learn about what's allowed and what's not.

And I made $4.50 off (as of now) 4 images :).

Whats your profile name mavrick?

I use mantonino on all stock forums. :) You made 4.50 at Istock, Shutterstock or Dreamstime? :) When did you start with 4 images?

mavrik said:
I use mantonino on all stock forums. :) You made 4.50 at Istock, Shutterstock or Dreamstime? :) When did you start with 4 images?
Istock. Feb 2004. I used to have a bunch of pictures. But now I'm becoming pickier. :) Some of the "money-makers" are recent additions.
Profile name is danalec.

Just sent you the "Creative Network" invitation :)

Cheerio!

BTW, I also have an account with IstockPro. You should check it out.

I've thought about doing Istockpro, but I don't wanna worry about what to charge, etc. I like the hands-off to Istock and Shutterstock. Dreamstime seems to be the most aggravating to me.

i just registered, seems like a good idea- and at the moment im not to worried about getting paid for my photos because im still just learning,

Can somebody define 'identible human'

Yeah, if that was your friend and you'd say "HEY that's my friend in that photo" and someone says "are you sure?" and you say "well, maybe...I think it is!" Then probly not. If you say "YES You think I don't know my friend?!" then it's identifiable. :D

Anyways, maybe the best way to put it is if you can see enough to differentiate them from another 1000 humans with the same hair color and length - like other features are present, then it's probably identifiable.

I'm skeptical of this... Besides, I make plenty of money from print purchases off my personal site :|

But tell me, once the images are on their server, whats to say they don't steal them?

I think you need to see what we're selling first. I sell pictures that I can't otherwise sell for anything. Pictures of a cow in the middle of the road, a bear from the zoo. I'm not uploading Picasso here. :) I'm sure they could steal them. But what's to say your print server couldn't steal them? Do you print yourself or use shutterfly, ezprints, etc?

mavrik said:
I think you need to see what we're selling first. I sell pictures that I can't otherwise sell for anything. Pictures of a cow in the middle of the road, a bear from the zoo. I'm not uploading Picasso here. :) I'm sure they could steal them. But what's to say your print server couldn't steal them? Do you print yourself or use shutterfly, ezprints, etc?

I do prints the old fashioned way... MYSELF :) People send me an email requesting a print, I give them my address, they send me Cash/Check. I make the print myself and send it to them... Easy as pie ;)

I know that people don't use these things for their best work, but still. Image theft is Image theft... If I took a snapshot and someone else took credit for it or stole it I'd be pretty P.O.

Maybe just my opinion.

There are thousands of photographers doing stock for hundreds of agencies. I'm sure that if they wanted to scam people they could, but we've had no indication of this at all. Printing yourself is all well and good, but doesn't reportedly have the life of the professional printers. So are you creating a work of art that will not be here in 5 years or 10? Just a thought. :) I don't want people stealing my work either, however. I'd be pretty ticked if I knew it was being ripped off. I actually had a bride/groom stealing their OWN shots. :D Imagine my (watermarking) surprise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back