Makeup Retouching...

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a search of the forums at MM and a retouching forum, as well as Google, but I wasn't able to turn up anything useful.

My search-fu sucks. :lol:

Can anyone recommend any good tutorials for specifically retouching eye and lip makeup? Creating glossy lips, making colors pop more, adding/enhancing eyeshadow shimmer, etc?

Every search I come up with, whether it be youtube, Google, or forums always turns up "How to add digital makeup", but I'm talking about retouching/enhancing *existing* makeup.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually own that book, haha.

It doesn't go over enhancing *existing* eye makeup, that I know of.

It just deals with adding (really light) digital eyeshadow to someone not wearing any makeup.

Ok then. Here are my few steps of these enhancements.
I use LR so brush is very useful:
bright/contrast/clarity/sharpness - for the eyes and teeth
clarity/contrast/sharpness - for jewelery,
saturation/clarity/contrast - lips

Hope that helps :)

I don't know about the lips, but for eyeliner and eyeshadow colors I just play with different modes and opacity of the the paintbrush tool. I think you could probably enhance gloss using overlay or softlight, select white as your color, lower opacity to maybe 10% and paint over the lips, it will bring out the highlights from the gloss. Oppositely I might do the same to darken eyeliner a tad, just select black/navy/dark brown or whatever is closest to the original eye liner and paint over it.These are just my amateur tips, I'm sure there's better out there! I'm supposed to help my sister with her makeup artist portfolio so I'm stalking this thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back