Makeup Shot from this afternoon

oldmacman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mcavoyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this shot for a makeup artist's portfolio. It is one of many, but I like this one with the nails. C&C welcome.

lisa1.jpg

Is that her hand or someone else's?

love the form and clarity, not sure about the crop.

Thanks for looking.

It's actually not cropped... I shot this particular one to accentuate the eyes. Even if I wanted to, I can't back out on this one. I do have others where it's head and shoulders.

Hmm... Is it the nails or the fact that the hand is there at all? Maybe the nails would make more sense if you saw the dress to match:
4e44bfbcf03f0.jpg

Hmm... Is it the nails or the fact that the hand is there at all?

There at all, yes, but also the way it is there. Floating and at an angle that doesn't make it look like it belongs to the model.

My biggest problem here however is not with your photo so much as with the MUA. Is this about make-up or is it about nails? Does this person want to be a MUA or a nail technician? The only thing I can think about is wanting to get work doing weddings but I sure hope most brides wouldn't want make-up jobs like that... :confused:

Hmm... Is it the nails or the fact that the hand is there at all?

There at all, yes, but also the way it is there. Floating and at an angle that doesn't make it look like it belongs to the model.

My biggest problem here however is not with your photo so much as with the MUA. Is this about make-up or is it about nails? Does this person want to be a MUA or a nail technician? The only thing I can think about is wanting to get work doing weddings but I sure hope most brides wouldn't want make-up jobs like that... :confused:

Yeah, I agree. The nails & hand don't belong in the photo. Nor does the ring. If it's a make-up shot it should be clean.

Most reactions

Back