Making an Impression - Artsy Impressionistic Experimental Photos Thread

OLD PIC
five teesels
Again wildfire UV reactive paints used. Several colours this time (air brush used to apply)
Canon 600d
EF 28/105 F3.5-4.5USM Set at 38mm No extension tubes used this time
20sec exposure
F18
ISO 100 some burning on stem of number 3 L-R
Lights as before two cheap UV torches no other lights used.
In both pics a UV filter was used on the lens to cut out haze

Attachments

• als UV teesel.jpg
    als UV teesel.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 88

dragonfly at the River of Lights

This came about as I noticed something in my regular processing. I regularly create a LAB version of a photo, along with the RGB, and I usually do sharpening in the L channel of the LAB. That process includes using Filter > Stylize > Find Edges to create a mask through which the sharpening is done.
The edges start out black on white then get inverted for the mask, but I noticed how unusual the black edges were here.
So when everything was finished, I duplicated the image. I blurred the colour areas.
Then I copied that mask used for sharpening on top of the blur, inverted it back to black edges and used the layer properties Blend If to get rid of most of the layer's white background.
Other stuff needed to be done to get the blurred colors to pop a little as blurring fades intensity.

And this is the not so extravagantly edited image.

dragonfly at the River of Lights

This came about as I noticed something in my regular processing. I regularly create a LAB version of a photo, along with the RGB, and I usually do sharpening in the L channel of the LAB. That process includes using Filter > Stylize > Find Edges to create a mask through which the sharpening is done.
The edges start out black on white then get inverted for the mask, but I noticed how unusual the black edges were here.
So when everything was finished, I duplicated the image. I blurred the colour areas.
Then I copied that mask used for sharpening on top of the blur, inverted it back to black edges and used the layer properties Blend If to get rid of most of the layer's white background.
Other stuff needed to be done to get the blurred colors to pop a little as blurring fades intensity.

And this is the not so extravagantly edited image.

Great!

At Flickr there is a group called Sliders Sunday, in which the photographers are encouraged to take their editing to the max, where one can barely look at oneself in the mirror.
Here is one of my contributions, hence the word "slide" in its title.

snowy red yucca slide

Reactions: pez
Forest

TP13.jpg

Some local woodland, I posed 'en femme' for this one. I use metallic Zentai suits because they give a better body shape than the more dull Lycra ones.

J

The Hipstamatic app on the iPhone allows one to choose filters that are called Lens, Film and/or Flash for creating artistic effects. Not one to leave well enough alone, even these are brought into Photoshop for accomplishing dodging, burning etc.

shadows table teapot wall

Most reactions

New Topics

Back