Discussion in 'Weekly Challenge!' started by SquarePeg, Feb 2, 2018.
Have you tried the ProCreate app?
Just looked it up! Looks pretty awesome, but I don't have any Apple devices. On that one I just used two Topaz Studio filters plus liquify in PS on this original image of a fiery sunset from a couple of days ago:
Back at Flickr there is a themed group, "Sliders Sunday," to which are posted images taken to extremes. The sliders in editing are slud way over.
Below is a recent post of mine after reading in Harold and Phyllis Davis' book The Photoshop Darkroom. Worked on in the LAB color space, with inverted L channel and inverted B channel.
in the Mediterranean Conservatory slide 09Mar19
And this the normally edited photo from which the above was created.
in the Mediterranean Conservatory 09Mar19
Glow and Liquify
@pez You have some creative photos in this section. I like the last one much.
Thank you, I appreciate it!
Just PS Liquify
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr
An old pic
A dandelion seed head.
Sprayed with UV reactive Wildfire Paint. allowed to dry
Wire up the seed stem hold it rigid
Lights used, Two 5 pound (GPB ) UV torches no other light used Just UV
all three extension tubes used to get close. this is the limit my camera/lens combo can resolve
EF 105mm canon lens (old Film size)
30 sec exposure
Again wildfire UV reactive paints used. Several colours this time (air brush used to apply)
EF 28/105 F3.5-4.5USM Set at 38mm No extension tubes used this time
ISO 100 some burning on stem of number 3 L-R
Lights as before two cheap UV torches no other lights used.
In both pics a UV filter was used on the lens to cut out haze
dragonfly at the River of Lights
This came about as I noticed something in my regular processing. I regularly create a LAB version of a photo, along with the RGB, and I usually do sharpening in the L channel of the LAB. That process includes using Filter > Stylize > Find Edges to create a mask through which the sharpening is done.
The edges start out black on white then get inverted for the mask, but I noticed how unusual the black edges were here.
So when everything was finished, I duplicated the image. I blurred the colour areas.
Then I copied that mask used for sharpening on top of the blur, inverted it back to black edges and used the layer properties Blend If to get rid of most of the layer's white background.
Other stuff needed to be done to get the blurred colors to pop a little as blurring fades intensity.
And this is the not so extravagantly edited image.
Separate names with a comma.