Making an Impression - Artsy Impressionistic Experimental Photos Thread

Here is a "straight" rendering of Daisy, made in 2014, Nikon D3x, 105 lens at about f/5.
This was near the Columbia River, in the small town of Saint Helens.
D3X_4240_1600x.jpg

DSC_7875_500mm Nikkor.JPG

Going for a soft look, kind of a Japanese-inspired, pastel, impressionistic, watercolor look. Added slight noise. Reduced clarity in Lightroom. Nikkor 500mm mirror, ISO 1,000. Nikon D610. Old photo made on my maiden trip with the 1973-era 500 mirror, back in the summer of 2017. I shot this photo through my open car window at about 60 yards from an elevated dike road at a pond where wild birds like to feed.

Would love to know about the subject and shooting technique. Gorgeous result.POTM- WORTHY.

Is this directed towards me? I don’t want to assume. If so happy to share the details.

Yes, directed toward you.

Anyone else obsessed with the current fad of twirl photos?

obsessed with twirling by SharonCat..., on Flickr
Love this! Great image.

Thanks! I’m currently obsessed with this technique.

Would love to know about the subject and shooting technique. Gorgeous result.POTM- WORTHY.

Is this directed towards me? I don’t want to assume. If so happy to share the details.

I tried one!

I tried one!

Fabulous! There is a Facebook group called Twirl This! that has some amazing partial twirl photos. I think it's so much fun. A different result every time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back