making short video clips with t3i

alykatcreative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so i have been seeing more and more photographers posting small clip videos as behind the scenes or sneak previews from photo shoots lately. It's definitely something that peaks my interest but I really need to learn some more about it. for the most part the ones I have seen are videos on instagram so they should be about 30 seconds long. it seems that the 30 second clip is a combination of shorter clips edited together. any idea if the clips created are just short clips straight shot from the video function on the camera? i'm a total noob when it comes to this but it is really something I want to learn more about. does any one have any experience with doing this?

- also i'm not totally sure if this is the right place for this thread, if it isn't sorry feel free to move!

Do you have an example to post? Edit your clips in a video editor to the 30 seconds. You could use only 10 seconds of 3 clips to equal 30 seconds. Use export settings that are required by Youtube or Vimeo for best quality.

What is the intent? Who is your audience? A promo? Edit to fit your purpose of the video.

thanks for the insight. I suppose my audience is just about any one on social media. I feel like a short clip video is a great way to preview a shoot instead of just a few stills. the best example would be something like this Instagram - video courtesy of nick.ramirez photography. who is an amazing local photographer

Thanks for the example. There are several clips with a few dip to black transitions. Instagram requires very small file sizes of 640x640. Vimeo and Youtube support much larger high def sizes... 1080p, 720p.

I found this how to post videos to Instagram. If you google "Instagram Videos" or add "post" I am sure there are many out there. Here is one:
How to Edit and Encode Videos for Instagram | Premiumbeat.com

Most reactions

Back