making walls photo sensitive

1. Cover the wall in Liquid Emulsion. (Paint with paint rollers; paint as if it was normal wall paint, imo)
Q. Enlarge negative with enlarger laid on it's side (I've only seen one enlarger capable of covering an entire wall decently and that was this mammoth 8x10 enlarger)
3. Expose for desired time
17. Paint on developer with rollers.
5. Paint on stop bath.
65. Paint on fixer.
4. Paint water (or throw on with buckets) onto the wall repeatedly until wall/print is washed off.
h. Dry with enormous warehouse fans.
8. Enjoy crappy wall print.

:3

Make sure to do under a safelight!

thats one way..

heres another. i did it for a school project.

They sell paper.. almost like wallpaper.. actually it is. buy it completely white. If you have a darkroom, open the door, and while leaving the door open...take a couple black bags and black electrical tape and completely seal the door( leaving room to get inside),

on the inside take another back for extra sealage.. and tape it shut once your inside.

what your gona do it put a small square in the plastic. and then sheet metal over the square. tape it so no light seeps through.

Your gonna have to measure distance to get the hole size correctly or fool around with it before you put emoltion on the paper.

now that youve done that...

--your basically making a pinhole camera out of your darkroom--

... your gonna set your paper up against the back wall of the darkroom. your going to play with the pinhole to focus the light properly.

-once you have it focused you need to make the hole completely covered.

-paint on the liqid emultion and enlarge.

-simply take a big trash can, roll up the wall paper and put it in the developer. taking it out and in water to stop the reaction occasionally to see your development progress.

-once youve got it developed to proper exposure, comp you want, etc.. put it in another trash can filled with water for say about 10 15 minutes.

-after that... in fixer for say 30 minutes. since its so large.

--now your developed--

to put it on the wall your going to need wall paper glue since the glue originally on it most likely wont be as strong due to chemicals.

then spread it on wall.. squeegy it flat and voila!

it still looks kinda sketchy. but hey.. i got an A+ =)

(honestly i think it was cause my teacher thought it was creative and no body else would take the time and effort to even attemp such a large scale project.)

unless you take a look at those scientist who made an old airplane hanger into a pinhole camera. freakin worlds largest pinhole i think was 100 some feet long and like 30 some feet tall...AMAZING!

pinhole is one unique hobby.

sometimes digital makes this boring and you need to step it up and be creative.

with that said<not to start another argument> but is why IMO film photography will never die.

hope that long post helps someone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back