Mamiya 645 Pro TL cable release adapter contact resistances, Help!

gtyler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I recently became the proud new owner of a 645 Pro TL, and I figured along with this new upgrade (from a m645 1000s) I'd also join a photography blog, so here I am, and I already have a question. I like to do a lot of long exposure shots, and I have been thinking about getting the cable release adapter, but that thing just looks way too clumsy. If possible, I would rater just build my own simple switch that I could use as a cable release. Turn the switch on and the shutter opens. Flip it off and it closes. For this reason, I am wondering if someone who has a cable release adapter would be kind enough to measure the resistance across each of the connections on the adapter with a cable connected but not depresses, and with a cable connected and depressed. If it is just a simple switch, or a switch with a specific resistance, I will easily be able to make a handy cable release and I won't have to worry about the adapter. Any takers? If I succeed, I will make a how to post if anyone else is interested.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back