Man With Cooking Pots - Varanasi, India 2018

looks more like the current version of fedex, actually.

Nice, I especially like the motion blur in the background.

I suspect this gentleman cares a great deal more about the condition he delivers his wares in than any ten FedEx drivers in North America!

What a cool shot! Nicely done

Nominated for POTM, September, 2019.

I suspect this gentleman cares a great deal more about the condition he delivers his wares in than any ten FedEx drivers in North America![/QUOTE]

true.

Come on guys.
This is a down right powerful photo. Included in it is lots of motion, interesting culture, wonderful pose not to mention the notch processing.
Wish I had taken this one.
Joe

I thank you all for your comments on this photograph. As mentioned in a previous post, I found Varanasi to be fascinating. It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world, a compost of textures hammered into everything by time and a cavalcade of startling contradictions in every direction. It is a place where poverty blends with privilege, kindness with cruelty, rapture with rage, and turbulence with tranquility. It was into that ancient and churning crucible of humanity that I inserted myself for 21 days solely to make photographs. I settled into a room near the center of the 88 ghats that line the Ganges River, and a network of galis I was able to explore on foot without enduring the terrifying experience of a tuk-tuk ride through the wider and wilder streets of the city, a death-defying act for which the courageous rider pays 100 rupees (more if you do not bargain for the rock bottom price). It was in those narrow corridors half-way around the world from my home here in Washington that I made most of my photographs and eventually exposed the last of the 450 sheets of film I'd carried to India. Varanasi is currently being ravaged by flood waters from monsoon rains that arrived later than normal this year. As surely as those waters will recede, I will return to Varanasi to continue my explorations through the lens. First, beginning next week in fact, I will visit Matera for a similar period of intense camera work. I anticipate doing mostly architectural studies, and hope to return with decent images of that kind. If I manage to do that, I will post a few of them here. In the meantime, I invite anyone who may be interested in seeing more of my work to visit my newly revised website, the URL for which appears below. Thanks again.

N. Riley
http://normanrileyphotography.com

Great capture.

Most reactions

Back