Egg Delivery Man- Varanasi, India 2018

Nice, and interesting image. Perhaps just a tweak of curves to add a little more contrast? It seems a bit too midtone rich.

What a good photo.
I agree it needs some post processing. I'd be glad to assist if you would approve.

Thank you all very much. Varanasi is a fascinating place. I urge anyone able to travel in that direction to consider Varanasi as a destination not only for photography, but also for the sheer overwhelming sensory experience of the place. It is truly a slice of "old India" as opposed to more developed places like Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata where steel and glass high-rises dot the skylines (these places have their old sectors too, but none are as expansive or unique as Varanasi). Moving on, I'm afraid I do not really see the value or benefit of processing the image above except perhaps to make it appear better on computer screens. I say this because I do not make digital prints and assume that would be the main reason for further processing, if not the only reason. I am strictly and irrevocably "old-school." As indicated in the description above, I shoot film (i.e., FP4) and make silver-gelatin prints (i.e., I print on Ilford MG Classic, a double-weighted fibre paper). Although I've been making efforts at camera art for 40 years now, I would not say I've solved photography and have no room for further improvement. I am sure I could improve in many ways. For example, and in particular, I am sure I could improve in the areas of scanning and using Photoshop to make my scanned images appear more like their corresponding prints. I would be grateful if someone here could point me to good primers on those topics. If I have misunderstood the reason(s) for additional processing, please let me know. Thanks again for your kind feedback and offers of assistance.

N. Riley
http://normanrileyphotography.com

Riley,
I'm comfortable with what ever decision you come up with the. The attachment I've made is my way of seeing. Not better or worse than yours.
NRiley_VAR126a.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back