What's new

Manchester Meetup Pictures! (not <56k friendly!)

Rob

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
135
Location
London
Well, it was only me and PlasticSpanner (Chris) so it was a quiet meetup. I'd like to reassure everyone that there was still plenty of getting lost involved, and quite a few pubs too.

Here's a small selection of the pictures, some good, some not so good!

We started at the viewing area of Manchester airport, where there are aeroplanes:

prop.jpg


Having a 100-400 lens is very handy!

The pilots are very friendly and wave at the kids, which really excites them!

italy.jpg


The noise is quite impressive when the planes are taking off, even the little jets kick up a fuss:

swiss.jpg



There's also some old aeroplanes lying around, quite literally lying around in the car park!

old.jpg


I'm not terribly good with planes, but it was a fighter type thing made of wood... must have been scarey as hell!

Arty shot of the plane's side light bit:

wing.jpg


Chris, in true TPF style, was having no truck with airport police, warning signs or barriers when there was a shot to be had:

chris.jpg



We moved on to an old water mill, which had impressive sandstone walls with some very old graffiti:

graf.jpg


One of Chris with his shadow:

chris2.jpg


That evening we went out for a drink, but didn't take cameras as it was peeing with rain and we fully intended to take advantage of the local facilities.

The following day we went to Jodrell Bank radio telescope observatory. It's erm... BIG

jodrell.jpg


As you can see, the weather was not very good at all.

It's BIG, did I mention that?

jodrell2.jpg



We then headed our separate ways, and that was that!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed the piccies! I'll organise a London meet when the weather improves.

Rob
 
Oh, Chris, I've got some pictures of the wee-un, lmk if you want them posted, or just e-mailed to you!

Rob
 
Cool rob :) i should be able to come to a London one i hope. I can hop on a bus at 7am
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
thanks for sharing Rob! I knew you'd get lost!! :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
A pity so few only came, but those who got together sure had fun, getting lost, getting a beer, getting some piccies :D.
A bigger UK meet-up is in order.
Others: make it possible to go!
It is such fun!
If I weren't flying to the DC-one, I'd have loved to go to this one again!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Nice shots Rob...but you know we all wanted to see the two of you slamming them down at the pub!

If all goes well at the DC Meetup (that no one kills anyone else), I would be up for the Second Annual International PhotoForum Meetup to be in London.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Couple more!

The best plane in the world:

concorde.jpg


An abstracty one of a wing:

colours.jpg


Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Rob
 
Great series, Rob! Nice capture of Chris ignoring the Keep Out sign... :lol:

Glad you guys made it out, anyway. :thumbup:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Good to see you guys had a good time, sorry I couldn't make this one - hopefully next time.
 
good stuff guys:D if I'm ever back over the pond I'll ring ya up an go shootin' (pub sounds good too :cheers:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Nice shots there Rob! :thumbup:

I didn't leave Jodrell until about 3pm. Found some nice spots in the gardens and the telescope guys turned the dish to give me a better angle! :lol:

Started processing my films as soon as I got in. I hope the shots of the Trident were worth the risk of getting arrested by the police (although they didn't look to concerned when they drove past! )

BTW Rob has forgotten to mention that he managed to pick out what was possibly the most frightening pub in Altringham! (for a southerner anyway! :lol: )
 
A couple of our star model..... This is Chris' son Noah and some including Vicky (sp?) his wife!

Thanks again all for the comments!

noah.jpg


.

noah1.jpg


.

noah2.jpg


.

noah3.jpg



Rob
 
Vicky's favourite is the first one. I absolutely love them all, but then again I'm biased! :lol:

I just hope mine come out as good! :hail:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom