Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 head - HELP

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Amazing little tripod, using my 498RC2 head on it.

Only trouble is - I have to keep switching the head back and forth between my other tripod.

So my question is - does anybody else have this 190CXPRO4 tripod, and what head do you have / recommend?

Should I just get another 498RC2? or something else - as it's kinda clunky atm.

I've got a Giottos MH-1000 on mine. It's been reliable and solid, but if I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure I'd pick the same head. It seems slightly too heavy for these legs, and I'd like to find something with a little smoother action.

Anyhow, yeah, I'd definitely want to find a solution that didn't involve frequent head-swapping. If you're starting to accumulate tripods, though, I'd give some thought to standardizing mounting plates if you haven't already done so. I put an arca-type plate on mine, along with an "L" plate on my camera, and that combo works great for low-level shots (as well as portrait orientation). The horizontal arm on the 190CXPRO4 lets me position the head near the ground, and the "L" plate lets me angle my POV up from there. Much nicer than the "hanging upside down" mount on some other tripods.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back