Manfrotto 3221W Tripod and 3029 head

Devilok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone:

I made the beginner mistake of purchasing a cheap, $80 tripod with my camera before researching on the importance of a good, quality tripod and on the first use it snapped and broke. Luckily my camera did not suffer any damage. After reading as many posts on here about tripods I am looking for a good quality one but unfortunately I cannot afford to spend more than say $250.00 - $300.00

I found a tripod/head combo on eBay, a Manfrotto 3221w and 3029 head and I was just wondering everyones opinion on this combo? I use a Nikon D5100 and have a B700 flash, and I think this tripod would be ok and the price with shipping is under $200.00 (used). I could wait and save up for something more expensive, but currently I do not have a tripod now and was hoping to get something sooner than later. I know Manfrotto is a good brand, but wasn't sure on this particular model. Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:
Ah OK thanks for the input I was trying to Google to see how much they retailed for new but haven't found anything. The total is $156.00 plus around $20 for shipping so maybe I could find another a bit cheaper. Thanks again really appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's a bit high IMO; the last set of 055 legs I bought were $60, and the 029 head can usually be found for $30-50.

Wow that is a lot cheaper lol, I'll have to keep looking. Thanks, saved me some money ;)

The BHPhoto, they have Manfrotto tripods with mail-in rebate. You get discount. The other day, I shopped my local camera store, and they also have Manfrotto tripod with mail-in rebate. I sure your local camera store has the same things.

Last edited:
I went today to my local camera store, and picked up a Manfrotto 804RC2 3 way pan head and a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod. Wow, what a difference in quality to the cheap one I had before. Hopefully this is a decent setup and will last me a long time with care :)

I went today to my local camera store, and picked up a Manfrotto 804RC2 3 way pan head and a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod. Wow, what a difference in quality to the cheap one I had before. Hopefully this is a decent setup and will last me a long time with care :)

I have that head and don't really like it. I find a ball head to be much easier to use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back