Manhattan at night through a fisheye - part 1

ernie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cyberliquid.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
bought this lens in b&h in new york, had so much fun with it!

211-ny.jpg

219-ny-colombus-circle.jpg

224-ny.jpg

I need one of these lenses!

Excellent shots and composition! Cityscapes and fisheye lenses go hand in hand...and you did it well!

Derrick

Awesome awesome awesome
I wish the first one was rotated CCW

Very, very cool shots, really love them.

Nice! Is that a star filter of diaphragm? There's supposed to be a way to tell but I forgot what it is.

Anyway, nice shots! I like 1 and 3 best.

thanks for the comments everyone!

Cityscapes and fisheye lenses go hand in hand
you said it man, lights and tall buildings everywhere. don't need to walk far to get an interesting shot.

Bifurcator said:
Is that a star filter of diaphragm?
no filter, for some reason a fisheye gives cool starbursts like this. it's fixed at f/2.8, plus shutter between 10 and 20 secs i think. never tried those settings with my other lens, always do my long exposures at f/16 or more. so actually i don't know if it's the lens or the settings that give the cool stars.

no filter, for some reason a fisheye gives cool starbursts like this. it's fixed at f/2.8, plus shutter between 10 and 20 secs i think. never tried those settings with my other lens, always do my long exposures at f/16 or more. so actually i don't know if it's the lens or the settings that give the cool stars.

An aperture of f/16 will always give the cool starbursts regardless of lens. This isn't just a neat feature built in, but an inherent feature due to the physics of light/lens properties.

An aperture of f/16 will always give the cool starbursts regardless of lens. This isn't just a neat feature built in, but an inherent feature due to the physics of light/lens properties.
thank you sherlock. i was actually talking about the fisheye.

Nice shots! I'm jealous.

I have a night architectural shoot this weekend in Dallas with my local photography group. I wish I had a fisheye for it. I will have to make due with my ultra-wide (which I love). It will be its first time to do a night shoot, so I'm sure it will get a work out!

Really nice shots.

I did notice some slight distortion, however.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back