many many lens, am confused?? HELP

RawRyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i have Nikon d200

i want to buy, a lens and flash for my camera, first is it ok to take a canon lens? why the seller told me no it's not ok, but i told him no it's ok ... :confused:

these are the lens that i want to choose ? am planning to travel and to photograph man thngs, people, nature, animal, building.....etc

what is your recommendation ?

- canon lens:

28-105
55-250
28-200
100-300
75-300
EF LENS 100mm 2.8 MICRO USM canon

- nikon lens:

70-300

- SB-900 NIKON FLASH.

for me i choose, but i need you opinion to chose them or to choose from the above list:

EF LENS 100mm 2.8 MICRO USM canon
nikon 70-300
SB-900 NIKON FLASH

thanks for your help

You can not use Canon lenses on your Nikon camera. You can use Nikon lenses or lenses made by another company (Sigma, Tamron, Tokina) for Nikon cameras.

Like Mike said you can only use lenses that have an F-mount on your D200. Canon cameras use either the EF-S mount or EF-mount and some can use both EF and EF-S lenses.

Further confusing theings is that some Nikon lenses can be used on Canon cameras with the appropriate adapter, but no one (that I know of) makes an adapter allowing mounting Canon lenses on a Nikon.

Which Nikon 70-300 lens? There are two of differing quality and price. The more expensive one with VR is the better lens optically.

Most reactions

Back