March '08 Photo Challenge - "Simplicity" - Sponsored by Quik Pod!

Interesting - I run a photo competition and generally recruit judges but I was one of three judges myself in one of the categories entitled "simple" and it was really fascinating to note that all three of us interpretted the meaning of this in different ways. We each had to shortlist 10 photos before the judging session and you'd think there would be images that we all chose. But oh no - we all interpreted the theme differently and chose 28 different images in total.

For the record, the winner of the Simple category also won the overall competition prize:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/atw/picturegal...icturegallery/20071009/full/chairs_normal.jpg

The judges of the overall competition compared it to Van Gogh's "The Chair".

For the monthly Photo Challenge, you can only submit one pic (which is not to have been previously posted on the forum). The challenge moderator, 'TwistMyArm', then posts them under that screenname so that the picture taker remains anonymous during the voting phase. So you either saw multiple photos under the name 'TwistMyArm', OR you're thinking of the more informal photo assignments where you can post more than one pic directly into the assignment thread (and there is no voting).

Thanks for clarifying! :wink:

so this is a good entry?? :mrgreen:

spoof.jpg

How do you get to see the Contest Pics that have been entered? And how do you resize a pic to send it in?

I ju-uust sent mine... I ju-uust sent mine <singing like a 4 year old> I ju-uust sent mine...

(This was an interesting challenge by the way!) Way to go people!

I posted my first challenge! *crossed fingers*

My first challenge too :]

Can't wait to see everyone's entries!

Another first-timer here. I'm very impressed with the winners' circle page. Looking forward to seeing what everyone's done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back