Maria Dessiray

So happy for the two of you!! It's definately a life changing experience!!

Congratulations ... she is beautiful and it sounds like mom did wonderfully!! :hug:: :hug:: :hug:: :hug::

And dad got coffees and slept!!! Hmmm that all sounds kind of vaguely familiar :confused:

aprilraven said:
i got tears in my eyes looking at your pics, raymond..and so fast too!! tickled for you and your girls...! i just love the last pic, though...that one is just sweet..!

congratulations....and best wishes....! happy daddy day!

Thanks April, you are so sweet!! I can't wait to take so photos of you holding Maria!

terri said:
Congratulations, again! Thank you so much for the pictures. :love: She is a beautiful little girl. Daisy looks tired but her usual beautiful self. It's all quite magical in those first few hours, isn't it? :D

I am looking forward to watching little Maria grow! :)

It was so amazing!! thanks Terri!

Johnboy2978 said:
Raymond, thanks for sharing that with us. You have a beautiful girl there with a head full of hair! Glad to hear all is well with both the girls. Your life will change drastically now, but for the better. We had our first 3 months ago and it is a very special moment indeed. It gives you a whole new respect for your wife being there in the delivery room. My wife went from 1 cm to 6 cm in about 10 minutes. She delivered 75" after getting to the hospital and it was so quick that she wasn't able to get an epidural. I too, cut the cord, and was shocked at how thick the cord was and how hard it was to cut (was your experience like that?).
Be sure to get all the sleep you can while baby is sleeping, b/c you are now on her schedule and keep those pics coming.
Congratulations to all 3 of you.

That cord was so tough! I had to give a good squezze! nothing short of a lifetime experiance, I can't wait for #2!!

JonMikal said:
wonderful news you guys!

thanks Jon!

here are a few more! >>>

this is a set up shot, but here is how we looked 3 hrs before her birth!
DSC079360022websize.jpg

Maria... 1 Day old!
DSC_16270042websize.jpg

DSC_16300045websize.jpg

DSC_16120027websize.jpg

DSC_16090024websize.jpg

I didn't cover all of her expressions, but I got a few!!

lovin life with the fam!!

thanks again everyone!!

you guys have been blessed with such a beautiful child! i can't wait for the next series!

Thanks again JM! It's so quiet in this house now, almost too quiet! another hour, and I will be back over there to see her for the begining of Day 2! I hope to have time to take some soft light shots, but my business is nuts these days, and I can't hang around during the day too much.. maybe this weekend.

DSC_16310046websize.jpg

Actually, I must say I really pity Maria for the obvious use of the "salad tongs", her whole little face is bruised by them, so sorry that this had to happen to her!

I haven't heard of the use of these things (what is their proper medical term, by the way?) here in Germany in AGES!

I so feared they would unpack them for my daughter to come out, for she would not come and would not come, though everything was "prepared" for her arrival at last ("door fully open" as it were) and still... Unfortunately the midnight how looked after me during the nightshift did not know nor ever realise what was wrong and why this child would not present itself, only when in the morning the new shift midwife arrived did she find out that my daughter had her head lying on her shoulder, so what actually presented itself was her cheeks and ear and all that side part ... no wonder she could not find her way out like that! That resolute midwife then said: "We'll get it all done naturally, this is the third, it'll work", so she pushed my unborn little girl back up, adjusted her head and 20 minutes later my daughter arrived without any "salad thong's" help. Phew! I was so glad. I had gone for an out-patient delivery with her and so wanted to be able to return home within only a couple of hours ... and thankfully that was possible in the end.

LaFoto said:
I haven't heard of the use of these things (what is their proper medical term, by the way?) here in Germany in AGES!

I think they are just called Tongs here? There is also a Fontouse (sp?) which is like a sucker placed on the babies head to pull on which leaves the head egg shaped for a couple of days!:lol: But either aren't supposed to cause any permenant damage!:thumbup:

LaFoto said:
.... though everything was "prepared" for her arrival at last ("door fully open" as it were)...

Oh! Please!:stun: :lol:

Ya, I agree LaFoto, I was concerned when they made that decision, But of corse I had to trust them.. Daisy is a tiny girl, and she gave it all she had for 2 hours and 20 minutes, and there just wasn't any more push in her., so this was a better option then the c section, and there really was very little bruising.

believe it or not, folks come from all over our country to have their children in this hospital., my sis in law has worked here for 35 years, and still works here part time. They are the best, and they are taking such good care of Daisy and Maria.. and the food is so good!

PlasticSpanner said:
I think they are just called Tongs here? There is also a Fontouse (sp?) which is like a sucker placed on the babies head to pull on which leaves the head egg shaped for a couple of days!:lol: But either aren't supposed to cause any permenant damage!:thumbup:

Oh! Please!:stun: :lol:

Forcepts?? Also, the babys head is elongated as a result of being squeezed through such a small tunnel. She will be fine, she is strong, has a good heart, lots of lungs!! and seems like she does have a sense of awareness already! The education fund will be started next week.. hehehe

Great shots Ray. Good to see everything is going good. Can't wait to see the baby.

LaFoto, TMI ( To much information) :pale:

Eric

Awww... congratulations Raymond & Daisy. Maria is absolutely beautiful. I know you both must be soooo ecstatic! Can't wait to see pics of her growing up - they grow so fast!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back