Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

rMarina2
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

(Techie details for those who are interested: K1000, 50mm f1.7, Agfa Vista 200, 1 sec exposure...I think. I bracketed, so this might be the 1/2-second one. Either way, I had to bring up the shadows and midtones a smidge to brighten it up a bit.)

Last edited:
Loving the color. I'm sure it's the curve where the water goes from purple to dark but it doesn't look level.

Loving the color. I'm sure it's the curve where the water goes from purple to dark but it doesn't look level.

I checked it again and made a tiny adjustment. Does it seem more even now? It's tricky because it's dark, but also because of the curve and a gentle slope on the right side.

I like this shot, I'd also like to see the darker original, I like a darker image with a good amount of contrast personally.

I think it was level, judging by the houses. It just looked askew because of the curve in the background. I really like this shot. Is it local to you or from a trip?

I like this shot, I'd also like to see the darker original, I like a darker image with a good amount of contrast personally.

Here's the original, straight from the scanner. I just resized it to upload it easier. Whaddya think?

rUntitled-Scanned-31.jpg

I think it was level, judging by the houses. It just looked askew because of the curve in the background. I really like this shot. Is it local to you or from a trip?

Maine. Ogunquit to be specific. We were walking off dinner with a nice sundown cliff walk.

I like it, especially the foreground and sky is better than the touched up one, but I do like what you did with the shoreline in the altered pic.
I still think this is better for my eyes.

Marinas here look different.

A cliff walk? Make sure it's a short walk or a long cliff. :)

Last edited:

rMarina2

(Techie details for those who are interested: K1000, 50mm f1.7, Agfa Vista 200, 1 sec exposure...I think. I bracketed, so this might be the 1/2-second one. Either way, I had to bring up the shadows and midtones a smidge to brighten it up a bit.)

Awesome. The boats appear to be moving backwards, like I am coming in with a battleship. Excellent composition! You are so talented. I have no problem with the exposure, alignment, or anything. This is what every pen & ink masterpiece wants to be.

I like it, especially the foreground and sky is better than the touched up one, but I do like what you did with the shoreline in the altered pic.

View attachment 118533

Why would you hijack a thread with an excellent piece of art with your snap shot?

View attachment 118533

Why would you hijack a thread with an excellent piece of art with your snap shot?
Please talk about the op and not those of us that are also doing that.

I am. You are not. Your photo has nothing to do with the original artists post. You posted a marina... ok. all marinas are configured differently, you had no reason to post your pic, it added nothing and actually is distracting to it now as I am wasting my time posting this.

Oh good, you deleted it.

Yes, the original looks like it's listing to port a bit.

It seems cliff walks also look different where you are - we don't walk off the cliffs here in the Northeast, but walk along them. ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the original. I like a good contrasty silhouette image as well, and I am certainly not someone who complains about losing detail in the shadows, but this one wasn't quite working for me in its darker state. I really don't care about detail for the sake of detail, but in this case, the details brought out or highlighted by the increased exposure were ones that I felt added to the scene (for example, the more prominent reflection of light on the hull of the first boat).

rMarina2

Awesome. The boats appear to be moving backwards, like I am coming in with a battleship. Excellent composition! You are so talented. I have no problem with the exposure, alignment, or anything. This is what every pen & ink masterpiece wants to be.

Thank you so much! :blush: I love how marinas are never still, even though the boats are tethered, so I was happy that there was still enough movement in the water even with the long exposure to capture that.

Yes, the original looks like it's listing to port a bit.

At first I thought it was still crooked! :boggled: Then I realized you weren't talking about the original post but the original version of the picture. And yeah, that one was a bit crooked ;)

Love em both , like the original a bit better . My worthless two cents ! HA !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back