Mask, Books and Candle

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another still life. Unfortunately more of a 'proof of concept' until more appropriately aged books appear in the mail and I acquire a better candle holder. The idea behind the composition was to following, with the elements of the photo, the pattern of the light, from the top left to the lower right.

2010_06_05_mask_candle_books_2x3.jpg

Not too shabby! I really like the background material you're using for this--it has an excellent old look to it. I don't quite like that bright specular highlight on the forehead area of the mask. The candle holder is really super-interesting!!! Really really gothic! I like how the two red jewels in the base of it sparkle--that's a super-sweet detail. I like the height you have the camera at, and the way the back of the camera is perfectly parallel with the scene. The JRR TOLKIEN name on the spine of the bottom book is pretty cool. This still life has a lot of nice elements and really careful camera work underlying it. Thanks for posting it. It's a worthy work to show,even as a proof of concept as you called it.

Most reactions

Back