'Mat 124G shooters

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know there are a couple of you on this board that shoot Yashicamat TLR's and I've tried contacting a couple of you outside the open forum, but I must be doing something wrong.

Anyway, I had a quick question. Have you found that you have to tape your 'Mat, or is it fairly light proof? Also, if you do have to tape, what tape do you use? Is there special photographer's tape or will electrical tape or some other "over the counter" tap work?

TIA,

Mine came in great condition as far as light tightness goes. Although I am having trouble with the shutter release. It doesn't fire to well.

I have seen people use electrical tape before, but I would think the residue would be pretty messy to live with. If I'm not mistaken, there is a black gaffers tape that peals off without leaving anything. I would think something like that would work better.

My 124G is light tight.

The shutters on those yashicamats are notorious for sticking up after going a long time without use. Just fire the shutter on every speed a few times and it should loosen right up.

my 124(before i sold it) was light tight as well, then as i used it, it developed a small light leak. i sold it to photogoddess, and she told me it wasnt too much for a repair job to get it tight again.

md

Gaffers tape is the best choice. It can be expensive, and you can't get it everywhere, but if you save it for use with your camera, a small roll will last forever. It peels off, and re-sticks over and over... I bought a big roll, and use it to fix my vintage cameras all the time, and I'm still working on the same roll. I stick pieces on the bottom of suspect cameras, film holders, etc... just in case I need it.

In an emergency with no gaffers' tape available I use metal duct tape or multiple layers of black electricians' tape. Both available at any hardware store.

Does your TLR have a light leak? It's probably something bent where the door comes together with the body. If you can find it you might be able to fix it, or at least you won't have to tape the whole door.

ksmattfish said:
Gaffers tape is the best choice. It can be expensive, and you can't get it everywhere, but if you save it for use with your camera, a small roll will last forever. It peels off, and re-sticks over and over... I bought a big roll, and use it to fix my vintage cameras all the time, and I'm still working on the same roll. I stick pieces on the bottom of suspect cameras, film holders, etc... just in case I need it.

In an emergency with no gaffers' tape available I use metal duct tape or multiple layers of black electricians' tape. Both available at any hardware store.

Does your TLR have a light leak? It's probably something bent where the door comes together with the body. If you can find it you might be able to fix it, or at least you won't have to tape the whole door.

Thanks's for the responses.

I don't know if I have a leak or not. Still waiting on the first roll to come back--B&W needed a couple of days to be sent to the "out" lab.

I'm just so excited about the camera I had to post something in the meantime. LOL!!

You know when a dog is so excited that he's wagging his tail and his whole body shakes? Yeah, that's me.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back