maternity... need all feedback I can get :)

JenR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these using the light in an open garage. It was about 105 degrees that day, but they were good sports. Please let me know what you think!! I know I have a long way to go. :)

1. aperture priority, f4.0, SS 1/400, ISO 200
081807_1.jpg

2. aperture priority, f4.0, SS 1/500, ISO 200
081807_2.jpg

3. aperture priority, f4.0, SS 1/320, ISO 200
081807_3.jpg

4. manual, f3.5, SS 1/320, ISO 200
081807_4.jpg

5. manual, f4.0, SS 1/320, ISO 200
081807_6.jpg

6. aperture priority, f2.0, SS 1/1000, ISO 200
081807_5.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

~jen

I just realized that I forgot to give them an extra bit of sharpening for the web --oops--

Those are very nice. THe only thing I noticed right away was in nnumber 2 how their arms were just sort of hanging down and it might have been cool to catch them touching, maybe his hand on her belly and her hand on his. But even at that I still like that one. :) Good job.

I love them all. I don't even know if I can pick a favourite. The black background really does work well.

Were these all done outside? and the black background put in after the fact? Looks like she is missing part of her left heel and left hand (thumb) in number 5.

Were these all done outside?
I shot these using the light in an open garage.

Very nice lighting, and the expressions & poses are very nice (except maybe the arms in #2, as mentioned).

One thing to think about, would be a back light of some kind. Parts of them, like his hair' are blending into the background and a back light (kicker or hair light) would help that.

hi!
I have a question to photo number 5. I understand that the background was a garage... but what was on the floor? that you lost the edge between the floor and wall? great job! I love them all!

I wish I had caught the dangling arms in #2. There is always next time, right ;) The black background is black velvet that we hung from the ceiling in the garage. The parts of her heel and thumb that are invisible got lost in the folds of the fabric.

Big Mike, thanks for suggesting some kind of back light. Since she is about the smallest pregnant woman ever, we are going to try again closer to her due date.

Thanks for the feedback-- I truly appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back