Maternity Session

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working on a series with this mom to be. I had posted photos a while back when she was just 27 wk along and here she is again at 33 wks. I just started going through todays shots and these were the first few that caught my eye. C&C welcome :)

2315671643_f6124ef0f3.jpg

2315653311_7099f153aa.jpg

2315734727_b8d1e3e027.jpg

Aww....I like the 1st and 2nd best. The last one, I love the face, but the way the shirt hangs isn't as flattering as in the first two. I'm 28w with #3 myself, so I know it's hard to look "flattering" when you feel like a cow, but maybe something with better draping fabric (for next time, perhaps)?

I bet she'll love them, though. I like the natural setting too - since most mat. shoots are done in studios, this one has a fresh feel to it.

Yes, I love those first 2 as well. Not a fan of the pose in the second...I think it kinda just makes her look big, not pregnant. That's just me though :)

Great shots, I as well love the setting!!

i like them! #1 is my favorite, she looks natural

Hi Bella, I don't normally do 'crits' as I believe in following your own Muse. -Here comes the but: But, I am wondering about the location.

If your intent is to show a Mother's love for and preparation for her child, might you do better with a background more along those lines? If not clearly then as a suggestion by the use of a strong bokeh.

Technically these are very good it's just the mood that's not working for me.

Hi Bella, I don't normally do 'crits' as I believe in following your own Muse. -Here comes the but: But, I am wondering about the location.

If your intent is to show a Mother's love for and preparation for her child, might you do better with a background more along those lines? If not clearly then as a suggestion by the use of a strong bokeh.
I am a tiny big confused by this comment. Is the bokeh that you are not liking or the location all together?

For this set i was trying to think outside the box rather than focus on the whole anticipation mood. we already did a set indoors with the whole baby blocks which a few we will redo now that she is further along. We live in a very lush and beautiful country side which is considered one of the most expensive counties in Calif because of the vineyards so we wanted to take some photos that kind of shows that off in this set. The vineyard are still not blooming yet because it is still too cold so we decided to venture out to a local state park that is just so green.

I'm sorry, Bella, the shots are fine. Another one of the reasons I don't do crits is I have no idea what else is a part of the shoot.

I only mentioned bokeh if she didn't like anywhere you might have shot these indoors.

It really is just the mood brought about by the location that isn't working for me.

OTOH, if she likes them, sell as many as she wants! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back